Monday, May 2, 2011

Cooked Spaghetti for a Crowd-How to Serve

 Last week I had guests for dinner.  But since we were spending the day at the MIM (Musical Instrument Museum) I wanted to have
as much cooked the day before.  I made Rao's spaghetti and meatballs the day before.  I did a little research and thought I'd even cook the spaghetti ahead.  It worked great I served the sauce and noodles separately.  Try it.

Short PastaImage via Wikipedia

Method:
  1. Slightly under cook the pasta.  Take it out of the water (save some of the pasta water) and put it in an ice bath to stop the cooking
  2. .Place in a container or gallon baggie. 
  3. When it is time to serve, mix the saved pasta water with some hot water and put the pasta back in.
  4. Any further cooking that may occur should make the pasta perfect (al dente)  this way you can pre-cook all your pasta and no one need wait.  
  5. Also, it can be cooked the day before in the large pot but reheated in a much smaller potHelps with cleanup.
  6. Just be sure to stop the cooking process with the ice bath.
Enhanced by Zemanta