4 large vine ripe tomatoes, sliced in half crosswise
1 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 T. flat leaf parsley, minced
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. thyme
1 t. rosemary
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Gently scoop only the seeds from the tomato halves. (I use a grapefruit spoon)
- Drain the tomatoes cut side down o a paper towel.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir with a fork until mixed in. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill and top each tomato with the mixture. About 3 1/2 T. for each.
- Place each stuffed tomato onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tomatoes soften and they turn golden brown.
- Allow tomatoes to cool for 5 minutes and serve.