1 1/2 pounds zucchini, trimmed
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. kosher salt, divided
3/4 t. ground black pepper, divided
3 large eggs
1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut zucchini into French fry size sticks, about 3 inches long.
- Arrange 3 shallow, wide bowls or pie plates in a row.
- In the first bowl, stir together flour, 1 t. salt, and 1/2 t. pepper. In the second bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 t. salt, and 1/4 t. pepper.
- In the third bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, dill and 1/2 t. salt.
- Working in batches, first dip the zucchini in flour, shaking off excess.
- Transfer to egg mixture and toss until coated. Let egg run off, the coat zucchini in the panko mixture.
- Arrange zucchini, without crowding, in a single layer on the prepared pans.
- Bake 15 minutes and then rotate the pans.
- Continue to bake until panko coating is golden and crisp, 7 to 12 minutes more.