Tuesday, October 28, 2014
1 ripe avocado, roughly mashed
1/2 tomato chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. chopped fresh coriander
(the recipe says "coriender" but I assume this is a typo)
3 T. cream
1 T. chopped fresh chilies
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
2 T. olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
10 mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed and quartered (optional)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 c. dry white wine
1/2 c. vegetable broth
2 (15.5 ounce) cans white beans
1 jar (6.7 ounce) Basil Pesto sauce
salt and pepper
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan and add the onions. Cook stirring 3 to 4 minutes until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes until mushrooms soften.
- Add the wine and cook 8 to 10 minutes until liquid is reduced.
- Add broth and beans. Bring to a simmer.
- Add pesto and spinach.
- Cook, stirring 2-3 minutes, until spinach wilts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Sunday, September 7, 2014
4 large vine ripe tomatoes, sliced in half crosswise
1 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 T. flat leaf parsley, minced
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. thyme
1 t. rosemary
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Gently scoop only the seeds from the tomato halves. (I use a grapefruit spoon)
- Drain the tomatoes cut side down o a paper towel.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir with a fork until mixed in. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill and top each tomato with the mixture. About 3 1/2 T. for each.
- Place each stuffed tomato onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tomatoes soften and they turn golden brown.
- Allow tomatoes to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Sunday, August 17, 2014
1 cup cooked white rice
2 T. vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cubed
1 c. sliced green onions, about 2 large bunches
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/4 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. sweet paprika
1/2 t. dried oregano
1 1/2 seeded chopped tomatoes
2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided 1 c. and 1 c.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, cook the zucchini, green onions and garlic 5 minutes or until tender.
- Season with garlic salt, basil, paprika and oregano.
- Mix in the cooked rice, tomatoes, and 1 cup cheese.
- Continue to cook and stir until heated through.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Friday, August 1, 2014
1 pound ground chicken or turkey
1 pound ground Italian sausage
3 T. chopped onion
2 T. chopped parsley
3/4 c. Parmesan
salt and fresh pepper
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
2 t. fennel seeds
2 eggs, beaten
zest of half a lemon
1 T. olive oil
1, 14-ounce jar of pizza sauce
- In a large bowl, gently mix the first 10 ingredients (up to lemon zest).
- Shape into 2" balls.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the meatballs about an inch apart.
- In a small bowl, mix about 4 T. of the sauce with the olive oil.
- Brush the mixture on top of each meatball.
- Place in a 400 degree oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and brush once again with sauce mixture.
- Bake 5 minutes more.