1 1/2 T. olive oil, divided
1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 c. packed finely shredded butternut squash
1 large egg
large pinch of sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 T. minced fresh sage
1 T. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 t. smoked paprika
dash of grated nutmeg
1 1/2 ounces feta cheese or Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. flour
- Warm 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small saute pan. Add the onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Wrap the shredded butternut squash in several layers of paper towels, and squeeze gently so the paper towels can absorb the excess liquid.
- Remove the paper towels, and place the squash in a medium bowl with the egg, salt, pepper, sage, parsley, paprika, nutmeg, cheese, and flour.
- Add the onion and garlic and mix to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper.
- With your hands, shape the squash mixture into patties and. arrange about 1 1/2" apart. You may have to add some more liquid or flour.
- Brush the patties with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and flip the patties
- Brush the other side of the patties with more olive oil and bake for another 10 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with sour cream.