2 T. olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
10 mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed and quartered (optional)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 c. dry white wine
1/2 c. vegetable broth
2 (15.5 ounce) cans white beans
1 jar (6.7 ounce) Basil Pesto sauce
salt and pepper
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan and add the onions. Cook stirring 3 to 4 minutes until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes until mushrooms soften.
- Add the wine and cook 8 to 10 minutes until liquid is reduced.
- Add broth and beans. Bring to a simmer.
- Add pesto and spinach.
- Cook, stirring 2-3 minutes, until spinach wilts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.