1 cup cooked white rice
2 T. vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cubed
1 c. sliced green onions, about 2 large bunches
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/4 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. sweet paprika
1/2 t. dried oregano
1 1/2 seeded chopped tomatoes
2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided 1 c. and 1 c.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, cook the zucchini, green onions and garlic 5 minutes or until tender.
- Season with garlic salt, basil, paprika and oregano.
- Mix in the cooked rice, tomatoes, and 1 cup cheese.
- Continue to cook and stir until heated through.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.